Find a home in your Palm!
The UK's leading Internet property website www.homepages.co.uk is now
available on your Palm handheld!
Using Palm's Web Clipping technology, you can now search for homes on
your Palm III, Palm V, VII ...
What this means to you is that no matter where you are or what you are doing
you can check the UK property market to see what is available. Not only
that; if you find something of interest you can contact the agent directly,
then and there, to ask for more details and make an appointment - it's that
Setting up your Palm
There are four stages to setting up your Palm
- Upgrade to Palm OS 3.5
- If you are not already running at least Palm OS 3.5 you will need to upgrade. You can find the Palm OS version 3.5 on the PalmOne website. Download the latest update of version 3.5 and upload onto your Palm
- Install the six web clipping '.PRC's
- You will need the six web clipping PRCs
installed on your Palm before you can run any web clipping applications.
Download these (130K), unzip them and install them via Hotsync onto your palm
- Set up web access via a mobile phone or modem
- You will need to set up modem access to the web via your phone and to set
up the IP address for the web clipping proxy server at Palm. To get web access
started you will need an infrared phone or modem connection and an ISP dialup
account. Refer to your phone or modem setup to setup dialup access to the
internet via your ISP account. Once you have set that up, you need to configure
the proxy server at Palm that compresses the web clippings to save your download
times. Under 'prefs', tap 'Wireless' from the drop down list. Set the Proxy IP
address to be :
- Download the Homepages PQA (Palm Query Application)
- You will need to install the Homepages PQA
on your Palm to be able to search for homes in your Palm.
Download it (1K), install it via Hotsync onto your palm
Other Palm web clipping applications
Palm have a whole host of web clipping applications available
here including chess, FedEx tracking etc.